It’s a Gin Thing - Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
PUBLISHED: 13:52 19 June 2017 | UPDATED: 14:38 19 June 2017
Create your very own bespoke blended gin at the Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa.
Create your very own bespoke blended gin with the guidance of guest tutor Martin Jennings, the Co-Founder and Craft Distiller of multi-award-winning Pothecary Gin. Plus, archive your personal gin recipe with us, which can be used for Martin to recreate your individual gin to order. No cookery school experience is complete without food, so staying true to the theme, guests will also enjoy a gin themed lunch.
As well as leaving with a wealth of knowledge you will also have your very own blended 500ml bottle of gin to share with friends and family. Plus, guests will take home a Pothecary Gin goody-bag and The Kitchen apron.
Guest Tutor – Martin Jennings
The ‘It’s a Gin Thing’ fun filled day is a unique exploration of gin, with guests enjoying the following;
- A morning tea or coffee and croissant with Martin Jennings from Pothecary Gin.
- A discussion about the resurgence of gin, the rise & rise of tonic and the myth of the perfect serve.
- An explanation of the different production methods of gin.
- A blind gin tasting to discover preferred styles of gin.
- A tantalising gin themed lunch.
- An exploration of botanicals pre-and post distillation.
- A demonstration of how to make a blended gin.
- The creation of a personal gin recipe and a 500ml bottle of blended gin.
- How to make gin cocktails, using your own gin or other gins.
- A light-hearted and quick quiz of the day.
£225 per person
Click here to book your ticket.
Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, New Milton, Hampshire, BH25 6QS