Apple & Rhubarb Crumble with Vanilla Cinnamon Yogurt - Recipe
Mon Jul 23 00:17:19 BST 2012
- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Yoghurt
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 300g plain flour, sifted
175g soft brown sugar
1tsp ground ginger
200g unsalted butter (cold from the fridge)
1 tbsp Rachel’s Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt
400g rhubarb, washed and cut into pieces
50g caster sugar
Demerara sugar for sprinkling
This traditional quick and easy recipe will please the whole family...
1.Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Butter a 24cm ovenproof dish.
2.Take the flour, sugar and ground ginger in a large bowl and rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the yogurt and mix again. This is quicker if you can use a food processor.
3.Place the fruit and caster sugar in a small pan, over a medium heat and cook until the rhubarb is tender but still holding shape. Mix the cornflour with the water in a small bowl and add this to the rhubarb, then cook a little more until the fruit is thick.
4.Place the fruit into the ovenproof dish and sprinkle the crumble mixture on the top.
5.Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit is bubbling.
6.Serve with a large spoonful of vanilla yogurt and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- 5 spooky events in Hampshire for Halloween
- 8 of the best ways to enjoy autumn 2017 in Lyndhurst
- What it’s like to live in Winchester
- Hampshire Instagrams of the week
- Things to do in Hampshire this weekend
- The Hampshire shepherd hut and furniture business born out of adversity
- Kingsley Common artist Emma Dunbar
- Hampshire Life Food & Drink Awards 2017 - Finalists
- Hampshire walk around Bishop’s Waltham
- How the local community helped save Rum’s Eg gallery in Romsey