Apple & Rhubarb Crumble with Vanilla Cinnamon Yogurt - Recipe
Mon Jul 23 00:17:19 BST 2012
- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Yoghurt
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 300g plain flour, sifted
175g soft brown sugar
1tsp ground ginger
200g unsalted butter (cold from the fridge)
1 tbsp Rachel’s Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt
400g rhubarb, washed and cut into pieces
50g caster sugar
Demerara sugar for sprinkling
This traditional quick and easy recipe will please the whole family...
1.Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Butter a 24cm ovenproof dish.
2.Take the flour, sugar and ground ginger in a large bowl and rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the yogurt and mix again. This is quicker if you can use a food processor.
3.Place the fruit and caster sugar in a small pan, over a medium heat and cook until the rhubarb is tender but still holding shape. Mix the cornflour with the water in a small bowl and add this to the rhubarb, then cook a little more until the fruit is thick.
4.Place the fruit into the ovenproof dish and sprinkle the crumble mixture on the top.
5.Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit is bubbling.
6.Serve with a large spoonful of vanilla yogurt and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- 10 events and things to do in Hampshire - June 2017
- General election 2017 in Hampshire: Candidates and constituencies
- Hampshire Instagrams of the week
- Things to do in Hampshire this weekend
- Things to see and do in Whitchurch
- Hampshire walk through Royal Victoria Country Park
- How you can spend time in the Hampshire treetops
- Win tickets to Festival of Speed curtain raiser at the Hilton at the Ageas Bowl
- Hampshire Life magazine June 2017 – out in shops and to buy online
- Restoring the home of The Grange Opera Festival to its former glory