Apple & Rhubarb Crumble with Vanilla Cinnamon Yogurt - Recipe
Mon Jul 23 00:17:19 BST 2012
- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Yoghurt
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 300g plain flour, sifted
175g soft brown sugar
1tsp ground ginger
200g unsalted butter (cold from the fridge)
1 tbsp Rachel’s Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt
400g rhubarb, washed and cut into pieces
50g caster sugar
Demerara sugar for sprinkling
This traditional quick and easy recipe will please the whole family...
1.Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Butter a 24cm ovenproof dish.
2.Take the flour, sugar and ground ginger in a large bowl and rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the yogurt and mix again. This is quicker if you can use a food processor.
3.Place the fruit and caster sugar in a small pan, over a medium heat and cook until the rhubarb is tender but still holding shape. Mix the cornflour with the water in a small bowl and add this to the rhubarb, then cook a little more until the fruit is thick.
4.Place the fruit into the ovenproof dish and sprinkle the crumble mixture on the top.
5.Bake in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit is bubbling.
6.Serve with a large spoonful of vanilla yogurt and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Hampshire Instagrams of the week
- Jane Austen statue in Basingstoke marking the 200th anniversary of her death
- 10 events and things to do in Hampshire - March 2017
- Things to do in Hampshire this weekend
- Eating out in Hampshire - best restaurants
- 6 great reasons to visit Southampton in 2017
- Things to see and do in Odiham
- 8 of the best afternoon teas in Hampshire
- Chris van Schaick: I don’t like the way restaurants and supermarkets describe food
- Hampshire Life magazine March 2017 – out in shops and to buy online