- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Cheese
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 1 (225g) pack pizza dough mix
4 ripe tomatoes
1 clove garlic, chopped (optional)
3 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
30ml/2tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (125g) buffalo mozzarella, torn into chunks
a handful of fresh basil leaves
a few black olives if liked
a drizzle of olive oil
A delicious meal for four.
1. Mix up the pizza base according to pack instructions. Whilst it proves, prepare the topping. Preheat the oven according to the temperature advised on the pack about 220oC.
2. Place the tomatoes in a bowl, cover with boiling water from the kettle and leave to stand for 1 minute. Drain, rinse in cold water then peel away the skins. Roughly chop the tomatoes, and place in bowl with the garlic, (if using) oregano, oil and salt and pepper to taste. If your tomatoes are very juicy, you might want to strain off some of the juice.
3. Roll out the pizza dough to a round circle about 30cm/12in (or 2 rounds about 19cm/7in) and place on a large baking sheet. Top with the tomato mixture, spreading it to the edges but leaving a 2cm border clear. Scatter over the cheese, basil and olives. Drizzle over the oil.
4. Bake for 10-15 mins or until the base is golden and crisp. Serve in wedges.
- 10 events and things to do in Hampshire - June 2017
- General election 2017 in Hampshire: Candidates and constituencies
- Hampshire Instagrams of the week
- Things to do in Hampshire this weekend
- Things to see and do in Whitchurch
- Hampshire walk through Royal Victoria Country Park
- How you can spend time in the Hampshire treetops
- Win tickets to Festival of Speed curtain raiser at the Hilton at the Ageas Bowl
- Hampshire Life magazine June 2017 – out in shops and to buy online
- Restoring the home of The Grange Opera Festival to its former glory