- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Cheese
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 1 (225g) pack pizza dough mix
4 ripe tomatoes
1 clove garlic, chopped (optional)
3 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
30ml/2tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (125g) buffalo mozzarella, torn into chunks
a handful of fresh basil leaves
a few black olives if liked
a drizzle of olive oil
A delicious meal for four.
1. Mix up the pizza base according to pack instructions. Whilst it proves, prepare the topping. Preheat the oven according to the temperature advised on the pack about 220oC.
2. Place the tomatoes in a bowl, cover with boiling water from the kettle and leave to stand for 1 minute. Drain, rinse in cold water then peel away the skins. Roughly chop the tomatoes, and place in bowl with the garlic, (if using) oregano, oil and salt and pepper to taste. If your tomatoes are very juicy, you might want to strain off some of the juice.
3. Roll out the pizza dough to a round circle about 30cm/12in (or 2 rounds about 19cm/7in) and place on a large baking sheet. Top with the tomato mixture, spreading it to the edges but leaving a 2cm border clear. Scatter over the cheese, basil and olives. Drizzle over the oil.
4. Bake for 10-15 mins or until the base is golden and crisp. Serve in wedges.
- Hampshire Instagrams of the week
- Jane Austen statue in Basingstoke marking the 200th anniversary of her death
- 10 events and things to do in Hampshire - March 2017
- Things to do in Hampshire this weekend
- Eating out in Hampshire - best restaurants
- 6 great reasons to visit Southampton in 2017
- Things to see and do in Odiham
- 8 of the best afternoon teas in Hampshire
- Chris van Schaick: I don’t like the way restaurants and supermarkets describe food
- Hampshire Life magazine March 2017 – out in shops and to buy online