- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Gooseberry
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 125g ginger biscuits, crushed
35g unsalted butter, melted
300ml double cream
40g caster sugar
2 lemons, juiced and a little grated zest
300g Rachel’s Gooseberry Yogurt
A refreshing dessert using simple, minimal ingredients...
1.Mix the ginger biscuits with the melted butter and press into the ramekins. Place in the fridge for the base to set slightly for approximately 30 minutes.
2.Heat the cream and sugar to scalding point (not boiling point) in a small saucepan. Whisk in the lemon zest and juice and bring to the boil for 30 seconds, whisking all the time.
3.Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt, leave to one side for the posset mixture to cool.
4.When cool, pour the mixture into the ramekins and return to the fridge to set for 2 hours.
5.Serve the posset chilled.
- Things to do in Hampshire this weekend
- Eating out in Hampshire - best restaurants
- Hampshire’s best gin makers and shakers
- Leading ladies of Hampshire - 2017
- 10 events and things to do in Hampshire - March 2017
- Hampshire Instagrams of the week
- Jane Austen statue in Basingstoke marking the 200th anniversary of her death
- 6 great reasons to visit Southampton in 2017
- Things to see and do in Odiham
- 8 of the best afternoon teas in Hampshire