Healthy Slaw with Grilled Lamb Chops - Recipe
Fri Jun 22 10:30:43 BST 2012
- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Lamb
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- For the winter slaw:
¼ red cabbage, finely shredded
¼ white cabbage, finely shredded
4 carrots, peeled and grated
1 British red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 green apples, cored and thinly sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice2 tbsp dill, chopped
Handful lightly toasted pine nuts
For the dressing:
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tsp caster sugar
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons walnut oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
For the lamb chops:
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2-3 tbsp oil
8 lamb chops
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
This is a fresher, lighter version of your usual mayonnaise covered coleslaw that can be made ahead and stored in the fridge. You can also serve this slaw with steak, grilled salmon or a jacket potato. Find out how to make it here...
This is a fresher, lighter version of your usual mayonnaise covered coleslaw that can be made ahead and stored in the fridge. You can also serve this slaw with steak, grilled salmon or a jacket potato.
1. Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together in a jar - giving them all a goodshake. The dressing can be made ahead.
2. Place the shredded cabbages, carrots and onion in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Toss the apple in the lemon juice and add to the vegetables along with the dill. Add the pinenuts just before serving.
3. Add the dressing and mix well, allowing the flavours to infuse together.
4. For the lamb chops, mix together the cayenne pepper and the oil until well combined. Rub the lamb chops all over with the mixture, then season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat; add the lamb chops and cook for 2-3 minutes one each side, or until golden-brown on both sides and cooked, but still pink in the middle.
6. Serve the lamb chops with a serving of the healthy slaw.
- Hampshire Instagrams of the week
- Girls Night Out at The Berry Theatre: Kathy Lette on her new show
- What it’s like to live in Southampton
- 8 great animal attractions on the Isle of Wight
- 14 reasons Hampshire is the only place to be this winter
- Things to do in Hampshire this weekend
- Hampshire Life Food & Drink Awards 2017 - Finalists
- Eating out in Hampshire - Best restaurants
- Former journalist Caroline Hall on her art ambitions
- Hampshire walk through Pamber Forest