Strawberries, Raspberries & Vanilla Cream Pancakes
Mon Jun 18 09:50:56 BST 2012
- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Strawberry
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 4+
- 250g Allinson Nature Friendly Plain White Flour
1 pint whole milk
½ tsp Nielsen Massey Vanilla Extract
300ml whipping cream
Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or seasonal fruit of your choice
Silver Spoon icing sugar for dusting
Tuck Into Strawberries and Cream for Wimbledon
You can’t have Wimbledon without strawberries and cream. Every year during the event, people munch their way through roughly 28,000kg of juicy English strawberries. Even if you don’t have tickets to the tennis, you can still enjoy a taste of summer sweetness with Nielsen-Massey’s Strawberry and Vanilla Cream Pancake recipe below.
This recipe, made using Nielsen-Massey vanilla extract, arguably the best vanilla extract in the world, gives the old time favourite combination a refreshing twist. The indulgent vanilla cream complements the fresh tartness of the strawberries, which sit on a blanket of fluffy pancakes. This recipe is a winner - game, set and match!
Sieve the flour into a bowl and whisk together with the eggs
Slowly whisk in the milk making sure you disperse any lumps
Heat a little lard in a large frying pan and tip to cover the whole surface, when sizzling, add a ladle of pancake mix, move the pan so the mix covers the whole surface
Cook for a minute on one side and then flip or turn over with a palette knife and brown on the other side
Remove from the pan onto a plate and place a square of greaseproof on top, repeat until all the mixture has been used
Whip the cream and add Nielsen-Massey vanilla extract
Chop strawberries, raspberries or blueberries into desired sizes
Choose a pancake add a generous spoon of cream plus a generous hand full of fruit and fold in half
Dust with icing sugar and enjoy!
- Dave Henson on losing both legs, staying positive and running his way to a Paralympic medal
- Quiz - How well do you know Hampshire?
- 13 events and things to do in Hampshire - April 2017
- Eating out in Hampshire - Best restaurants
- Hampshire Instagrams of the week
- Things to do in Hampshire this weekend
- Things to see and do in Hamble
- Discoveries hidden within the unlikeliest of Southsea buildings
- Do we really need another new mini-town in Hampshire?
- Gareth Jones at the Odiham Cake Company