Xanthe Clay's Radish and Pea salad - Recipe
Tue Jul 17 14:15:33 BST 2012
- Cooking Time: Under 30 mins
- Cuisine: Other
- Main Ingredient: Radish
- Preparation Time: Under 30 mins
- Serves: 3
- 1 teacupful of fresh peas
10 radishes, thinly sliced
1 spring onion, thinly sliced
3 tbsp crème fraiche milk
A punnet of cressblack pepper
This is such a simple, fresh and seasonal salad, perfect as a side dish, a quick healthy snack or a light meal in its own right. It's so healthy but looks so good, you'll be inspiring all your guests to re-create this one at home. Serves 2-3...
This is such a simple, fresh and seasonal salad, perfect as a side dish, a quick healthy snack or a light meal in its own right. It’s so healthy but looks so good, you’ll be inspiring all your guests to re-create this one at home.
Lightly cook the peas in boiling water, then drain and cool under the tap.
Scatter them over a plate with the thinly sliced radishes and spring onion.
Thin the crème fraiche to single cream consistency with a little milk and trickle it over the salad.
Snip over the cress and season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
- Hampshire Instagrams of the week
- Jane Austen statue in Basingstoke marking the 200th anniversary of her death
- 10 events and things to do in Hampshire - March 2017
- Things to do in Hampshire this weekend
- Eating out in Hampshire - best restaurants
- 6 great reasons to visit Southampton in 2017
- Things to see and do in Odiham
- 8 of the best afternoon teas in Hampshire
- Chris van Schaick: I don’t like the way restaurants and supermarkets describe food
- Hampshire Life magazine March 2017 – out in shops and to buy online