22 reasons the New Forest might just be the best National Park
PUBLISHED: 16:00 16 April 2018
Bolderwood, New Forest by Mike Beales (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/) via flic.kr/p/pqS61h
Ponies, beautiful walks and stunning villages. Those are just some of the reasons we all love the New Forest...
1. The colours on show are simply beautiful
2. The locals are so welcoming
3. The wildlife likes to pose...
4. ... and photobomb
5. The sunrises can be pretty spectacular
6. People often forget about the beautiful New Forest coastline
7. You just wait until the sun comes out
8. Frosty mornings have never looked this good
9. It’s a great place to walk the dog
10. Fancy a game of hide and seek?
11. This is your average view
12. The hitchhikers are friendly
13. A sunset on the coast can be awe-inspiring
14. It’s a place where all species get along
15. This is the New Forest equivalent of an evening drive
16. Back to that amazing coastline
17. Did someone say bike ride?
18. The wildlife can lighten up any gloomy day
19. Rush hour is certainly bearable
20. Get your ID ready for the doorman...
21. Your lunch is sorted here in the New Forest
22. We’ve actually run out of adjectives to describe this place. What are you waiting for? Come and pay this beautiful part of the world a visit...
This thriving community in North Hampshire is a desirable location for residents and visitors alike
Running a successful regional theatre means thinking beyond the bricks and mortar to reach out to the community. We ask four of Hampshire’s leading impresarios, how do they ensure that the show goes on?
Savour spectacular views of the Needles and Alum Bay and discover history tales on this invigorating walk on the Isle of Wight
With late-night shopping, fairs, Christmas markets and plenty of food and drink, we’ve rounded up some of the best festive offerings in Hampshire
Havant a clue where to go or what to do? Here are some pointers to parks, paths and performances
With its connections to Shakesepeare and royalty, the village of Titchfield is full of surprises
As the mellow fruitfulness of autumn takes hold across the New Forest, what could be better than spending a few days in and around Lyndhurst? We take a tour and come up with our top 8
Hampshire is full of autumnal scenes this month, so we asked the county’s photographers to share their secret spots for stunning vistas
We round up some of the best events and things to do across Hampshire this month
Remember, remember… Here’s a quick round up of some stunning displays across Hampshire this year
Is this the ultimate city break? Winchester has it all: from ancient history to space exploration, plus cafes, cocktails, culture and countryside… But with so much to do, choices are going to have to be made
Our guide to some of the best Halloween events on offer across Hampshire this October
The community shop is thriving. Why? And what makes the perfect village store? We went in search…
From Jane Austen to Karl Marx, our towns and villages have fascinating links to some of the biggest historical celebrities. Viv Micklefield follows in their footsteps with the help of a blue plaque or two