Chocolate and pear brownies with caramel sauce - recipe
PUBLISHED: 16:49 23 September 2015 | UPDATED: 16:49 23 September 2015
Indulge your sweet tooth with these chocolate and pear brownies with caramel sauce
Ingredients (makes 15 squares)
• 100g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), chopped
• 85g unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
• 225g salted butter
• 450g light brown sugar
• 4 large eggs
• 100g self-raising flour
• 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
• Vanilla ice cream to serve
For the caramel sauce:
• 100g salted butter
• 100g golden syrup
• 100g dark brown sugar
• 100ml double cream
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (150° fan) / gas 3 and oil and line a 34cm x 20cm brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Melt the chocolate, cocoa and butter together in a saucepan over a gentle heat, then leave to cool a little.
3. Whisk the sugar and eggs together with an electric whisk for 3 minutes or until very light and creamy. Fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs then fold in the flour, followed by the pears.
4. Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until the outside is set, but the centre is still quite soft. Leave the brownie to cool completely in the tin.
5. To make the caramel sauce, put all of the ingredients in a small saucepan and stir over a low heat. When the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved, increase the heat and boil without stirring for 2 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and leave to cool to room temperature.
6. Cut the brownie into squares and serve with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Find it in Hampshire
• Butter - Artisan Dairy Ltd, Stockbridge, 01264 810411
• Eating out in Hampshire - best restaurants - Whether you’re looking for fine dining, pub food, a romantic meal for 2 or a taste of something from further afield, eating out in Hampshire really has something for everyone. Here’s our guide to the best local restaurants and pubs
• 12 of the best afternoon teas in Hampshire - Treat yourself to lunch and tea with a visit to one of these fantastic Hampshire tea rooms.