83 award-winning products from Hampshire you have to try
PUBLISHED: 17:10 23 September 2020 | UPDATED: 16:28 29 September 2020
From ice cream to apple juice, 27 producers from across the county have been celebrated in the Great Taste Awards 2020
Following 14 weeks of judging, the results of the world’s most trusted food and drink awards, Great Taste, have been released, with many Hampshire producers now celebrating their success.
Out of a record breaking 12,777 entries from 106 different countries, 42% were awarded a highly coveted Great Taste accolade and a remarkable 679 are based in the South East.
Among the 20 Great Taste 3-star winners in the region are the “extremely moreish combination of nuts” that is Cambrook Cocktail Mix No: 6 from Cambrook Foods in Andover. A mix of salted, smoked, caramelised and chilli battered nuts, judges applauded Cambrook Foods for the “care that has gone into making each individual nut sing and bring something to the palate”.
Also scooping the top spot are New Forest Ice Cream, with their Malted Milkshake flavour. A stalwart in the Great Taste Awards, the ice cream makers are to Hampshire what Ben and Jerry’s is to America.
Their 3-star product is a traditional dairy ice cream base combined with malt syrup extract and blended to create a unique, rich, toasty, buttery flavour.
Recognised as a stamp of excellence among consumers and retailers alike, Great Taste, organised by the Guild of Fine Food values taste above all else. Whether it is cake, coffee, kippers or kombucha being judged, all products are removed from their packaging before being tasted.
The judges then savour, confer and re-taste to decide which products are worthy of a 1-, 2- or 3-star award. Look out for the unmistakable gold and black Great Taste logo, with 1-, 2- or 3- stars, on award-winning products. We’ve listed all the Hampshire winners with links to their websites here, as many products can be bought online.
This year’s GTA 3-star winners will now have their products re-judged by an esteemed selection of palates to decide on the Golden Fork Trophy winners, and the declaration of the Great Taste 2020 Supreme Champion, which will be announced at the virtual Great Taste Golden Fork awards in October.
You can find a full list of winners online here. And keep scrolling for Hampshire’s 1- and 2-star award-winners.
Hampshire 2-star Great Taste Award Winners
- The Wessex Wild Plum Company Ltd - Sloe Fuse®
- Summerdown Farms - Peppermint Tea, Milk Mint Neapolitans
- Ahmad Tea Ltd - Natural benefits-Sleep, Natural benefits-Digest
- Moon Roast Coffee - Rwanda - Huye Mountain, Ethiopia - Ibrahim Hussien
- The Great British Bee Co - Raw Honey
- The Noble Bee - The Noble Bee Honey
- Organic Kitchen - Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Owton’s Butchers - Pork, Cheese & Marmite Sausages
Hampshire 1-star Great Taste Award Winners
- New Forest Spirits Ltd - Wyrd Barrel Aged Gin – Moscatel
- Tipsy Wight - Medlar Vodka Liqueur, Cherry Vodka Liqueur
- Hill Farm Juice - English Russet Apple Juice, English Bramley Apple Juice, English Apple Juice with Ginger
- Twinings - The Earl, English Strong Breakfast, Everyday Tea, The Full English, All Day Decaf
- Balanced Nature - Mighty Brew Organic Sencha
- Ahmad Tea Ltd - English Breakfast, Earl Grey Teabag, Lemon Vitality, Vanilla Tranquility, Decaf. Earl Grey, Natural benefits- Slim, Royal Chai, Sweet Mint Digest, Mixed Beery Boost, Lemon & Turmeric Defence
- Nature’s Wish - Clarity Green Tea Blend, Joy Green Tea Blend, Release Herbal Infusion, Peace Floral Infusion
- Moon Roast Coffee - Indonesia Pegasing
- Qualitasse Coffee - Decaf City Blend
- Cambrook Foods Ltd - Cambrook Cocktail Hour Nuts, Cambrook Baked & Salted Nut Mix (Cambrook Mix 2), Cambrook Baked Cashews & Peanuts with Chilli & Lime, Cambrook Hickory Smoke Seasoned Almonds & Cashews, Cambrook Sweet Chilli Peanuts and Cashews, Cambrook Truffle and Pecorino Mixed Nuts
- Love from lila xx - Real Vanilla Seed Sponge with Blackcurrant Buttercream
- JK Fine Chocolates - Chocolate Fudge Cake Triple Truffle
- Summerdown Farms - Peppermint Tea, Chocolate Peppermint Creams, Chocolate Peppermint Cream Dominoes, Heritage Peppermint Fondants, Chocolate Peppermint Crisps, Heritage Peppermint Crisp Discs
- T & M Artisan Chocolates - Peppermint Fondant, Chewy Toffee
- Crane Patisserie Ltd - Pear and anise chocolate bon bon
- Abel & Cole - Gooseberry, Gin & Lime Jam
- Docks Coffee - Utterly Nutterly Granola
- Organic Kitchen - Sauerkraut
- Yarty Cordials - “B” Black Garlic Vinegar
- Owton’s Butchers - Merguez Sausages, Oriental Duck Sausages, Black Pudding
- Butler Country Estates Limited - Hampshire Smoked Trout Pate
- Jude’s Ice Cream - Lower Calorie Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream, Vegan Oat Honeycomb Ice Cream, Vegan Oat Salted Caramel Ice Cream, Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream, Vegan Salted Caramel Ice Cream, Coffee Milkshake, Fudge Ice Cream Sauce, Vanilla Clotted Cream Dairy Ice Cream, Lower Calorie Vanilla Bean Dairy Ice Cream, Vanilla Dairy Ice Cream, Kids Lower Sugar Chocolate Ice Cream, Salted Caramel Dairy Ice Cream
- New Forest Ice Cream - Blackberry Clotted Cream
- Sprinkles Gelato - I love you to pieces, Coconut
- A Basing Bakes - Bacon & Brie Quiche