Lamb, Beetroot and Feta Burgers - recipe
PUBLISHED: 10:17 11 May 2015 | UPDATED: 10:24 11 May 2015
Recipe by Sweetfire Beetroot
Ingredients (Serves 4)
• 500g minced lamb
• 250g beetroot, finely chopped
• 1 egg, beaten
• 2 tbsp chopped mint
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 100g feta cheese, cut into 4
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Method • Combine the lamb, beetroot, egg, mint and garlic and season to taste before mixing thoroughly.
• Divide into four portions. Flatten one in the palm of your hand. Place a cube of feta in the middle and draw the meat up and over the cheese, moulding it into a burger and covering the cheese. Repeat and then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Heat a griddle pan (or BBQ) to medium hot and cook the burgers for around 6-8 minutes on each side. Check they are cooked by inserting a skewer into the middle. If it comes out piping hot to touch they are cooked. If not ,cook for a further minute or so.
• Serve the burgers in buns with salad.
• Eating out in Hampshire - best restaurants - Whether you’re looking for fine dining, pub food, a romantic meal for 2 or a taste of something from further afield, eating out in Hampshire really has something for everyone. Here’s our guide to the best local restaurants and pubs.