Steak and Little Gem chimchurri - recipe
PUBLISHED: 10:26 27 July 2015 | UPDATED: 10:26 27 July 2015
As featured in the July 2015 issue of Hampshire Life
Ingredients (Serves 2)
• 25g parsley
• 15g fresh oregano
• 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
• 2 tbsp chilli oil
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 250g sirloin steak
• 2 Little Gem Lettuces, halved lengthways
• Blend the herbs, garlic, oil, vinegar and 2 tbsp water to a coarse paste, season. Use half to coat the steak.
• Brush the Little Gems with oil. Heat a griddle on the BBQ, then add cut side down for 1-2 minutes until beginning to char. Set aside.
• Cook the steak on the BBQ for 2-3 minutes each side, remove and rest before slicing.
• Top the Little Gems with the steak and drizzle over the remaining mix.
• Where are they now? 10 past Great British Bake Off contestants - With the sixth series of the Great British Bake Off set to hit screens soon, we find out how life has changed for past contestants
• Courgette and goat’s cheese fritters with crispy bacon - recipe - Cook up these courgette and goat’s cheese fritters with crispy bacon for a delicious feast