5 reasons to use stone in your home
PUBLISHED: 11:07 27 February 2015 | UPDATED: 14:36 19 May 2015
If you are looking for something different for your home, why not try stone? We’ve taken a look at some of the reasons to do so...
1. Natural stone is versatile - Kitchen worktops, bathroom vanity tops, shower trays and basins, fireplaces, staircases, flooring and wall cladding can all be made in natural stone.
2. Every stone slab is unique - There are a huge variety of different stones and each slab has different veins and markings depending on where it came from in the quarry. This means that the finished article will be unique to you.
stoneCIRCLE’s Newbury showroom has a large indoor gallery with displays of the biggest selection of full size stone slabs in the South. Here you can choose your slab from the granite, marble, limestone and quartz and other types that are on display.
3. Made to order - stoneCIRCLE makes each piece to order in the dimensions and the stone specified by the client, so you will have a beautiful item that has been designed for the space it will occupy. A recent project involved a circular breakfast bar in Rosso Verona, a reddy brown polished marble, which provided a stylish visual link between the earthy tones used in the living area and the kitchen which has polished granite surfaces.
4. Luxurious and hardwearing - Nothing is more luxurious than a room finished with marble, granite or limestone, and when cared for properly stone will last forever and look more beautiful as time passes.
stoneCIRCLE recently manufactured the stone for a spacious house on a large estate in West Berkshire. The project involved five bathrooms in total and the client chose to have Ivory and Walnut Travertine, Zimbabwe Black granite and Diano Reale marble throughout, but in different combinations in each bathroom.
The picture above shows the master bathroom with twin Diano Reale marble basins carved from one block and Walnut Travertine floor tiles sloping to form a wet room shower outlet. Zimbabwe Black granite is used to stunning effect on the feature walls and the porthole window has been framed in Diano Reale.
5. Expert Advice & Guidance - stoneCIRCLE’s Newbury & Basingstoke showrooms are an ideal place to start choosing stone. You can get advice from the expert staff about which would best suit your particular project, be it a kitchen worktop or marble bathroom. As well as manufacturing in all sorts of natural stone the company is an approved fabricator for Silestone and many of the other top brands of quartz.