Home care and support for adults of all ages in their own home
PUBLISHED: 09:31 17 December 2018
Right at Home, with offices in Southampton, Winchester, Portsmouth, Farnham and the surrounding areas; offer home care for adults of all ages and the elderly
What is elderly home care?
Similar to independent living, assisted living or supported living, elderly care at home offers support to people who still live at home, but may require general support with everyday tasks. This can include, prompting medications, personal care, meal preparation, light domestic help, companionship and more.
The benefit of this is people, first and foremost, are in a familiar environment – as opposed to a retirement home - which is hugely important for people and their comfort and happiness. It allows them to retain their independent living, whilst also offering a support system around them. This makes life as comfortable as possible, which can only be positive for quality of life and wellbeing.
How to find elderly home care?
Reputation is important when searching for the right home care for elderly relatives, and Right at Home have that, with all their branches achieving a good to outstanding rating from the CQC (Care Quality Commission).
They have offices all around the country including ones that cover Southampton, Fareham, Winchester, Alton, Portsmouth, Guildford, and the surrounding areas. Contact details for those branches are located at the end of this article.
What does Right at Home offer in elderly home care?
Right at Home, across all their branches offer a range of home care services, from 1 hour visits to 24 hour managed live in care. Also including:
• Companionship and support: This bespoke support service offers general help for the elderly living in their own home, social interaction in the community, support using public transport, emotional support and general home help such as shopping. Right at Home aim to ensure the client is supported as much as possible.
• Hospital to home: Ideal home care for people who have just been in hospital or perhaps received ambulatory care, Right at Home’s hospital to home service offers supervision of discharge arrangements, transport, shopping, medication support and even pet care.
• Alzheimer’s and dementia care: Assisted living may become vital for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia, and Right at Home’s CareGivers offer support and respite for clients and loved ones. They will ensure the home environment remains safe and will also advise any adaptations to maintain this.
• Stroke rehabilitation: Following a stroke, many people continue their recovery at home. Right at Home offer support during recovery making life as comfortable as possible; helping with a patient’s mobility, medication, tasks and transport. They will also assist in maintaining exercise and promoting the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
How much is elderly home care?
The price of home care for the elderly will depend on the type of home care you require. Also, compared to a retirement home, Right at Home offer a cost effective option, whilst giving the client the happiness and comfort of being at home.
Are home care services like this good?
Along with Good and Outstanding ratings from the CQC (for all their branches), Right at Home also achieve a score of 9.8 on homecare.co.uk. This is based on reviews from clients and loved ones who have praised the work of the carers and the general quality of the assisted living services on offer.
• Solent office – Southampton, Fareham, Gosport, New Forest East -54B, High Street, Fareham, PO16 7BG 0238 0170206 /01329 233755
• Portsmouth office, Portchester, Southsea – Trafalgar House, 223 Southampton Road, Portsmouth PO6 4PY; 02393 233186
• Guildford, Farnham, Fleet, Farnborough and Aldershot Office – Sandy Farm Business Centre, Sands Road, Farnham GU10 1PX; 01252 783426
• Mid Hampshire office- Eastleigh, Winchester, Romsey, Chandlers Ford - Wessex House, Upper Market Street, Eastleigh SO50 9FD; 02380 009595
Find out more at www.rightathomeuk.co.uk